I have a Chromecast-enabled Smart TV / Apple TV / Roku TV, and an Android device
Method 1: Using a Samsung device with a Samsung TV
1) Make sure your phone and Roku are connected to the same WiFi network, and both are turned on. Turn Bluetooth on in your phone’s settings.
2) Open SmartView.
- From the apps screen, go to the search bar and type in “View”. Scroll down and open the Smart View app.
3) Turn Smart View on, and wait for the Roku to pop up under the “Phone → Other device” menu.
4) Hit “Mirror screen” under the entry with your Smart TV, and then “Start now” on the popup.
5) On your Roku, accept the connection prompt to connect your phone. (Either “Allow” or “Always Allow”.)
6) In the Smart View mini menu, touch the three dots icon, and go to Settings >> Phone Aspect Ratio. Select “Full screen on connected device”; this will make the video appear full screen on the TV your Roku is connected to.
7) Optional: hit the slashed screen icon (just to the left of the three dots icon) to turn your phone’s screen off to conserve the battery. You’ll still be able to see the video on the TV, and rotate your phone to change the POV.
8) Navigate to your email app on your phone, then tap and hold the link. Select “Open link”. You should see that the video opens the YouTube app.